Private Religious Services (Pujas) Policy and Rates. Approved by HTNEW Board 10-2-2015.
Rates below do not include Dakshina to Priest and transportation charges.
|Service Name||At Temple||At Home or Away From HTNEW|
|Bhoomi/ Lot/ Land/ Puja||NA||$151|
|Chandi Path (Durga Puja)||$101||$201|
|Gruhapravesham w/ Homam||NA||$301|
|Gruhapravesham w/ Satyanarayana katha||NA||$301|
|Gruhapravesham w/ Homam & Satyanarayana katha||NA||$401|
|Navagraha Puja w/ Homam||$101||$151|
|Out of State Puja||NA||$351/day|
|Sehra Bandi Pre wedding||$75||NA|
|Sixtieth and Eightieth Birthday||$151||$251|
|Sreemantham/ baby shower||$125||$201|
|Vadamala for Hanuman||$31||NA|
|Funeral Day Shraddam||NO CHARGE||NA|
|Hiranya Shraddam (anniversary)||$51||$125|
|Dahan Sanskar (last rites)||NO CHARGE||NO CHARGE|
Contact Priest or Temple board member if the puja you want to perform is not listed above.
Devotees may contact HTNEW Priest for consultation of auspicious days/time (muhurtham). Devotees can contact Priest to enquire about items needed for the puja.
Priest shall inform the HTNEW board for all private pujas scheduled at HTNEW or outside. Priest to maintain a calendar listing all scheduled pujas.
Pujas date & time can be confirmed only after payment is made to HTNEW. If a puja is cancelled after payment is made, the devotee may use the payment for future services at temple.
Private Pujas at HTNEW:
- Rates for various pujas are listed in HTNEW and on the HTNEW website. Devotees to pay HTNEW for the listed amount thru cash/check/credit card.
- Devotees to pay separate dakshina/tip to priest directly by cash or check for the amount the devotee chooses to give.
- Devotees to make all arrangements for any food they intend to serve to their guests who come for puja. Any HTNEW items used such as tables, chairs, utensils shall be cleaned and put back in their place. HTNEW shall be reimbursed for any disposable supplies used.
- Timings for puja: can happen anytime the temple is scheduled to be open, but cannot coincide with temple events.
OUTSIDE Private Pujas away from HTNEW:
- Rates for various pujas (away from HTNEW) are listed in HTNEW and on the HTNEW website. Devotees to pay HTNEW for the puja fee amount thru cash/check/credit card.
- Devotees to pay separate dakshina/tip to priest directly by cash or check for the amount the devotee chooses to give priest. Devotees shall also reimburse the priest directly for transportation cost at IRS mileage rates ($0.575/mile in year 2015, from temple to devotee’s place).
- If the Devotee’s place is more than 25 miles from HTNEW, then there may be additional charge of $25/Hr for priest time payable to HTNEW.
- Timings for puja: Strongly suggested when temple is not scheduled to be open. In some rare situations, may happen when temple is scheduled to be open with BOD authorization, but cannot coincide with temple events. If a priest is required to stay beyond allotted time, there will be additional charges of $35/hour.